Patient Access Director
DATE POSTED: March 29, 2021
POSITION: Patient Access Director
TYPE POSITION: Full time
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Chief Financial Officer
HOURS: Generally Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. May vary based on
needed departmental coverage.
· High school diploma or equivalent GED.
· Three years of relevant patient access or billing experience required (preferably in a hospital, to include billing of third party payers, computer systems, authorizations/referrals retrieval, building teams, counseling staff, familiarity with entitlement programs, and up-front collections.)
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· The Patient Access Director is responsible for overseeing all hospital admitting personnel, outpatient registration, and central scheduling.
· Will meet with staff on a consistent basis to educate staff on core standards and processing procedures to ensure that excellent quality information is obtained while portraying excellent customer service
· Oversees the arrangement of coverage for absent employees and employees on vacation.
· This position will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Business Office Director to develop Policies and Procedures detailing departmental functions as necessary.